Director, Regulatory Transparency Project
DESCRIPTION: The Federalist Society seeks a Director for its Regulatory Transparency Project (RTP), which examines how government regulation affects technological innovation, economic opportunity, and individual liberty. The RTP aims to identify areas in which regulatory policies can be improved and to foster a national conversation on the potential harms that regulations can create when not reviewed with a critical eye. The RTP educates the public through numerous means including the release of white papers, short videos, and podcast episodes. More about this three-year-old project can be found at RegProject.org.
The Federalist Society is founded on the principles that the state exists to preserve freedom, that the separation of governmental powers is central to our Constitution, and that it is emphatically the province and duty of the judiciary to say what the law is, not what it should be. The Federalist Society seeks both to promote an awareness of these principles and to further their application through its activities.
Starting immediately, we are looking to talk to truly impressive candidates who align with our mission and would be a good fit for the role. The Director will be expected to oversee daily and long-term, strategic management of the RTP. This position is based in Washington, D.C. and the Director will report to the Federalist Society’s General Counsel, Vice President, & Director of Practice Groups.
- Maintain and oversee the activities of twelve core working groups totaling approximately 120 experts in diverse regulatory areas
- Organize quarterly working group meetings and drive interim progress toward main deliverables and established benchmarks such as the completion of white papers and media involvement
- Maintain and lead in-house, cross-divisional relationships to implement all strategic initiatives with an emphasis on promoting hundreds of law student and lawyer chapter events nationwide
- Organize and execute events, symposia, and briefings
- Supervise and lead in-house team, and third-party contractors and consultants, responsible for assisting with project organization, planning, and website and social media development and campaigns
- Lead team of outside public relations professionals in devising and implementing nationwide media campaign to provide expert commentary on regulation and innovation
- Establish new and maintain existing relationships with all partnership organizations and regulatory and government entities including the Administrative Conference of the United States
- Serve as executive director of Fourth Branch short-video series
- Supervise screening and assist in marketing of full-length feature documentary film
- Host, produce, and direct Free Lunch podcast series
- Manage the development of and oversee focus groups to aid nationwide communications and message development strategy
- Create and deliver periodic written and verbal reports to the president, Board of Directors, Board of Visitors, general counsel, donors, staff, and members on progress, analytics, unanticipated problems, potential opportunities, best practices, and project evolution
- Assist in the administration of partnership grants for collaboration among 501c3 institutions pursuing related goals
- Develop long-term strategy and growth plan for the RTP
- Oversee budget
- A law degree is required
- One to five years of proven management experience, preferably with subordinates
- Unimpeachable integrity and advanced professional savvy
- Sophisticated written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent organizational ability
- Familiarity with legal policy
- Entrepreneurial spirit
If you are interested, please submit an application including a resume, cover letter, writing sample (<10 pages), and no fewer than three references.
Application Link: https://fedsoccommunity.force.com/cpbase__form?ID=a0S4100000BKueZ