Ajit Pai is the Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission. He was designated Chairman by President Donald J. Trump in January 2017. He had previously served as Commissioner at the FCC, appointed by then-President Barack Obama and confirmed unanimously by the United States Senate in May 2012.
Chairman Pai’s regulatory philosophy is informed by a few simple principles. Rules that reflect these principles will result in more innovation, more investment, better products and services, lower prices, more job creation, and faster economic growth.
- Consumers benefit most from competition, not preemptive regulation. Free markets have delivered more value to American consumers than highly regulated ones.
- No regulatory system should indulge arbitrage; regulators should be skeptical of pleas to regulate rivals, dispense favors, or otherwise afford special treatment.
- Particularly given how rapidly the communications sector is changing, the FCC should do everything it can to ensure that its rules reflect the realities of the current marketplace and basic principles of economics.
- As a creature of Congress, the FCC must respect the law as set forth by the legislature.
- The FCC is at its best when it proceeds on the basis of consensus; good communications policy knows no partisan affiliation.
2018 National Lawyers ConventionThe Mayflower Hotel - East Room
1127 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20036
Hillsdale Student ChapterLane 125
33 E College St
Hillsdale, MI 49242
Washington, District of Columbia 20045
2018 National Lawyers Convention
The Trump administration has emphasized the importance of ensuring existing regulations are not stifling innovation...
Short video featuring Ajit Pai
What is the role of the FCC in regulating the Internet? FCC Commissioner Ajit Pai...
Short video featuring Marvin Ammori and Ajit Pai
Is net neutrality good for innovation? Ajit Pai, Commissioner at the Federal Communications Commission and...
Telecommunications & Electronic Media Practice Group Podcast
In this teleforum, FCC Commissioner Ajit Pai talked about the FCC’s proposed rulemaking to transform...
Telecommunications & Electronic Media Practice Group
With the adoption of the Open Internet Order, the Federal Communications Commission has potentially waded...